If you are a returning SJS family, but are registering a new student (i.e. preschooler, transfer student etc.), please also print out and complete the New Student Application form above.
Returning SJS Family Admissions Registration
It is the responsibility of the principal to administer the admissions and waiting list procedure under the general guidelines established by the School Council. The guidelines, as follows, presume applications will be accepted in the following order:
- Priority will be given to presently enrolled students and their siblings
- Priority will be given to children of registered, active parishioners over those of non-parishioners
- New families with PK/Kindergarten children will be registered for available spaces based on the length of time registered in the parish as verified by the parish office
- Priority will be given to those transfer students whose siblings are enrolled and would otherwise be placed on a waiting list for their particular grade. These children will be enrolled in a homeroom provided the maximum in grades one through eight does not exceed 30 students
- St. James reserves the right to deny registration for students whose educational needs cannot be met by St. James School. The administration makes this decision
- All students wishing to transfer to St. James School must go through a screening process with the administration
If a child is not placed due to the homeroom maximum, the child will be placed on a waiting list for the appropriate grade level. Once placed on a waiting list, the child will retain that position under all circumstances until the child is placed in the school or requests to be removed from the list. Children will be placed in the order of the list as vacancies occur. The principal will contact all waiting-list families prior to the end of the school year and again prior to the start of the school year to determine if they desire to remain on the list. A written confirmation will be sent if requested.
Non-discriminatory Student Admissions Statement: Archdiocesan schools admit students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students in these schools.
Archdiocesan schools do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, or national and ethnic origin and ensures equality of opportunity in administration of educational policies, loan programs, athletic or other school-administered programs.
Non-discriminatory Title IX Statement: No student attending St. James School shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance.
If you prefer to register with a paper form, please download print and fill out the appropriate form and bring it into the school office with your registration fee.