FACULTY / STAFF
I am thrilled to be teaching 2nd grade again at St. James School!! This is my 6th consecutive year teaching 2nd grade. I have also worked as a teaching assistant in kindergarten, a substitute teacher in the primary grades, and a preschool teacher. In 1997 I earned my Bachelors of Education from Illinois State University and in 2017 I earned my Master’s of Education in Reading from National Louis University.
- I married my husband 21 years ago at St. James Church
- I have 4 children: my 20 year old daughter is a junior at DePaul University, my 18 year old daughter is a freshman at Illinois State University, my 15 year old son is a freshman at St. Viator High School, and my 11 year old son attends St. James School and is in 6th grade
- I have 6 godchildren, 1 brother, 2 sisters, 10 nephews and 6 nieces and a great nephew & niece!
- I have a blonde Shih-pooh dog named Shadow who is only 10lbs
- I enjoy reading books, crocheting, and watching old movies
- I love watching my children play sports: soccer, volleyball, basketball, swimming, and track
- My passion is teaching and watching my students grow and learn is incredibly rewarding
- I go to weekly mass and love Jesus!
Second grade is a memorable year filled with milestones and I’m honored to journey alongside of you. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to working with you to make this a successful year for your child.
Monday: Pretest Day – practice spelling your new words on a piece of paper
Tuesday: Extra Pattern Practice worksheet
Wednesday: Word Study Practice
Thursday: Study for the test
Practice math facts daily! Have your child practice (both orally and written) addition and subtraction facts to help them meet their Rocket Math goal.
Keep a prayer journal at home. Each day write one thing you are thankful for and write Jesus a letter. Talk to Him about your day, your friends and family.
Mondays – Library
Tuesdays – Gym & Rocket Math
Wednesday – Music
Thursdays – Gym & Second Step & Rocket Math
Fridays – Mass