FACULTY / STAFF
I am thrilled to be teaching 2nd grade again at St. James School!! This is my 6th consecutive year teaching 2nd grade. I have also worked as a teaching assistant in kindergarten, a substitute teacher in the primary grades, and a preschool teacher. In 1997 I earned my Bachelors of Education from Illinois State University and in 2017 I earned my Master’s of Education in Reading from National Louis University.
- I married my husband 21 years ago at St. James Church
- I have 4 children: my 20 year old daughter is a junior at DePaul University, my 18 year old daughter is a freshman at Illinois State University, my 15 year old son is a freshman at St. Viator High School, and my 11 year old son attends St. James School and is in 6th grade
- I have 6 godchildren, 1 brother, 2 sisters, 10 nephews and 6 nieces and a great nephew & niece!
- I have a blonde Shih-pooh dog named Shadow who is only 10lbs
- I enjoy reading books, crocheting, and watching old movies
- I love watching my children play sports: soccer, volleyball, basketball, swimming, and track
- My passion is teaching and watching my students grow and learn is incredibly rewarding
- I go to weekly mass and love Jesus!
Second grade is a memorable year filled with milestones and I’m honored to journey alongside of you. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns. I look forward to working with you to make this a successful year for your child.
March 11 ~ Simple Solutions & Social Studies Test
March 13 ~ Spelling & Compare/Contrast Reading Quiz
Writer’s Workshop Unit
Read 20 minutes every day!!!
Exposure to reading is important in developing vocabulary for fluency and comprehension.
Practice math facts daily! Have your child practice (both orally and written) addition and subtraction facts to help them meet their Rocket Math goal.
Mondays – Library
Tuesdays – Gym & Rocket Math
Wednesday – Mass & Music
Thursdays – Gym & Rocket Math
Fridays – Second Step