FACULTY / STAFF
Mr. Mike Bilski
Upper Grade Language Arts & Reading
The Three Boys the three boys
Online Citation Sources http://www.moreofit.com/similar-to/www.easybib.com/Top_10_Sites_Like_Easybib/
I have been a proud member of the SJS faculty since 2014. I began teaching in public schools in 2000 following a long stretch in corporate human resources. My HR background taught me that we all have occasional problems, all problems have solutions, and that everyone has the need for an empathetic ear now and then. My teaching experience has taught me that young people confront the same challenges, frustrations, and misunderstandings that adults do. All of us, no matter what our age or station in life, want and deserve respect and fairness, have a desire to be understood, crave continuous learning and new ideas, and seek opportunities to have fun and connect with others while we work and learn.
Here is the Bullet Point Bilski:
- I am well-versed in the three R’s, but my teaching philosophy is based on the three L’s: Love them, laugh with them, and learn with them.
- I have an undergraduate degree in English from the University of Notre Dame (Go Irish!).
- I received a Masters of Education degree from National Louis University.
- I am deeply in love with my Catholic faith and God.
- My wife and I are longtime parishioners at St. James.
- I currently head up the ambassador ministry to welcome new parishioners at St. James.
- I have walked to and from school every day since I started at SJS.
- I cling to the hope that there are dogs in heaven, because how can it be heaven with no dogs?
- I have written and published nonfiction texts for an educational publisher.
- I am a big fan of jazz, classic American songs, and opera (really).
- I am living proof of the damage donuts can do.
- I am humbled by and grateful for all the opportunities God has given me.
8th Grade LA
- Vocabulary Units 4-6 November 14
- Vocabulary Units 1-6 Test November 16
7th Grade Reading
- Reading Journals due November 20 (first ones using second trimester prompts)
- Soldier Letter November 13 (typed final)
7th Grade LA
- Newspapers due November 6
- Vocabulary Unit 6 November 14
- Vocabulary Unit 6 Quiz November15