FACULTY / STAFF
Mrs. Cyndi Prazuch
4th Grade Teacher
Hello and welcome to my SJS webpage!! This year is my 4th year teaching 4th grade at St. James. I am so excited to continue my journey at SJS! I am the reading teacher for all 4th grade students, and I teach English/Language and Religion to my homeroom as well. As an educator, I challenge my students to become fully engaged in the learning process. By doing this, the students will not only retain information, but will also be motivated to learn more. I strive to encourage my students to take responsibility for learning and to develop pride in their work. In my classroom, I foster creativity and create an environment that will stimulate higher level thinking. I believe that when a student develops a passion for learning, when they learn how to teach themselves, they can and will become successful life-long learners.
- I live in Arlington Heights with my husband, Steve.
- We have two adult boys who live in the area. Nick is a graduate of Indiana University (Go Hoosiers!♥), and Matt is a graduate of the University of Michigan (Go Blue!♥)
- We will officially add a new member to our family when my son Nick marries his fiancée, Marissa, in July of 2020.
- I enjoy reading, sports, sunsets, long walks on the beach, and Starbucks coffee.
- My favorite vacation spot is anywhere warm! I love being near a lake or an ocean.
- My ultimate goal as a teacher is to educate, motivate and inspire students to value lifelong learning.