FACULTY / STAFF
I am so excited to be teaching 3rd grade at St. James School. This is my sixth year teaching, and I am so excited to be sharing this year with you. I look forward to helping your children grow academically, spiritually, and socially.
Some facts about Miss C…
- I received my Bachelors in Early Childhood Education from Miami University. No, not the sunny Miami, Florida. Miami University in Oxford, Ohio!
- I attended St. James from kindergarten to 8th grade.
- I attended St. Viator High School.
- My favorite color is Turquoise.
- I’m an Apple Certified Teacher!
What happens if I forget my homework or forget to do/complete my homework?
1 point is taken off the assignment. A homework notice will go home notifying parents. Homework Notices must be returned the following day and signed by both parent and student.
When is homework considered late?
Homework is to be turned in first thing in the morning (preferably before the bell), otherwise it is considered late.
I missed a day (or days) of school, how much time do I have to make up my assignments?
The amount of days missed will be equivalent to the amount of days given to make up the assignment.
Where can I pick up absent work?
Absent work can be picked up in the SJS office by 3:30pm.
Upcoming Assessments and Due Dates
- Tuesday, October 27- Reading Launching Unit Test
- Wednesday, October 28- Social Studies Chp. 1 Lesson 3 Quiz
- Thursday, October 29- English Unit 1 Test
- Friday, October 30- Session 7 Religion Quiz & Spelling Unit 8 Test
Third graders should be reading at least 20 minutes per night (including weekends). This can be independently, with a parent/family member, on audio book, etc. When the “Tower of Books” is assigned, students may use their nightly reading as part of the challenge. Please help your child fill out the information needed.
Please remind students that practicing fact fluency is a daily assignment– even if it is orally practicing a few problems in the car while driving to soccer practice.
If you are looking for ways to practice fact fluency, I recommend the following strategies:
- Rocket Math app
- Math Cards app
- Oral practice
- Flash cards
- Xtra Math
- Dad’s Worksheets for Rocket Math: Rocket Math Practice Sheets
My e-mail for the Xtra Math login: email@example.com
***Please be sure to check your child’s assignment notebook daily. They will write down their homework assignments each morning upon arrival.