FACULTY / STAFF
I am so excited to be teaching 3rd grade at St. James School. This is my fourth year teaching, and I am so excited to be sharing this year with you. I look forward to helping your children grow academically, spiritually, and socially.
Some facts about Miss C…
- I received my Bachelors in Early Childhood Education from Miami University. No, not the sunny Miami, Florida. Miami University in Oxford, Ohio!
- I attended St. James from kindergarten to 8th grade.
- I attended St. Viator High School.
- My favorite color is Turquoise.
- I’m scared of dogs.
- I love Chinese food.
- I’m an Apple Certified Teacher!
Click here to view the Digital Poetry books created by our third grade students! Third Grade Digital Poetry Books 2019
Newsletters and Reminders
Monday, May 20th is our next spiritwear day.
There is no school on Friday, May 24th or Monday, May 27th.
Classes will resume on Tuesday, May 28th. Enjoy your holiday weekend!
On Tuesday, June 4, the 3rd-5th graders will be headed to Recreation Park for an end of the year picnic and field day. Permission Slips are due by Friday, May 31st. Here are a few important items for the day:
- Students can wear spirit wear/casual clothes. Please be sure your child is dressed for the weather. I encourage hats and sunscreen for the day.
- All students must bring a disposable peanut/tree nut-free lunch. Please label with student name.
- Students are encouraged to bring sporting equipment for the day (i.e. football, baseball equipment, basketball). We will have access to all of the fields at the park. (Except the large baseball field.) Please label items with student name.
- If you are volunteering and have extra blankets to bring and lay out in the shade, we’d greatly appreciate it!
What happens if I forget my homework or forget to do/complete my homework?
1 point is taken off the assignment and the assignment is to be completed during recess that day. A homework notice will go home notifying parents that the student stayed in. Homework Notices must be return the following day and sign by both parent and student.
When is homework considered late?
Homework is to be turned in first thing in the morning (preferably before the bell), otherwise it is considered late.
I missed a day (or days) of school, how much time do I have to make up my assignments?
The amount of days missed will be equivalent to the amount of days given to make up the assignment.
Where can I pick up absent work?
Absent work can be picked up in the SJS office by 3:30pm.
Upcoming Assessments and Due Dates
- Tuesday, May 21- Science Lesson 1 & 2 Quiz (Adaptations and Survival)
- Wednesday, May 22- Northwest Region Quiz(Quizlet)
- Thursday, May 23- Math Chp. 13 Test (Area and Perimeter) & Religion Session #25 Quiz (Review Game)
*Please see States and Capitals study materials below.
States and Capitals:
Northwest Region Materials (5/15- 5/22)
South-Middle Region Materials (5/9-5/15)
North-Middle Region Materials (5/1-5/9)
Southeast Region Materials (4/26- 5/1)
Third graders should be reading at least 20 minutes per night (including weekends). This can be independently, with a parent/family member, on audio book, etc. When a reading log is assigned, please help your child fill out the worksheet. Students will have week to complete a reading log. One box should be completed daily.
Please remind students that practicing fact fluency is a daily assignment– even if it is orally practicing a few problems in the car while driving to soccer practice. *Rocket Math sheets can be used to practice fact fluency.
If you are looking for ways to practice fact fluency, I recommend the following strategies:
- Rocket Math app
- Math Cards app
- Oral practice
- Flash cards
- IXL or Xtra Math
- Dad’s Worksheets for Rocket Math: Rocket Math Practice Sheets
When religion quizzes are approaching, students are encouraged to access the “Finding God” website and complete the given “Interactive Review Game”. I offer all students who complete these games during quiz week an extra credit point on the open-book assessment. If completing the game, please be sure that my email is entered so that I can receive confirmation of completion. Should you ever experience issues with email input, please feel free to send me an email, note, or screenshot of the activity.
My e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
***Please be sure to check your child’s assignment notebook daily. They will write down their homework assignments each morning upon arrival.